- Thicker and softer than some other swabs, Vitegis Alcohol Swabs ensure reliable site preparation for safe, hygienic insulin injections
- Vitegis Alcohol Swabs are also excellent for many other household uses
- The alcohol swab is individually foil-wrapped for convenience
- These alcohol swabs contain 70% Isopropyl Alcohol for optimum anti-bacterial action
- The four-layer wrapper provides an air-tight seal which prevents leakage and drying out
- The Vitegis alcohol swab comes in a standard packing of 100 units per box
Alcohol swabs are gauze swabs that are saturated with 70% isopropyl alcohol and are used to disinfect cuts, scrapes, and intact skin. The alcohol swabs usually are pre-packaged so that alcohol doesn't evaporate on exposure to the environment and retains its properties when it has to be used. They are most often used to clean the skin before an injection is given or blood is drawn. Alcohol swabs are used to make sure the skin, cut, or scrape is free of contamination which could lead to potential infections.
These alcohol swabs are used in clinics, nursing homes, hospitals, vaccination setups, and first aid kits to quickly and efficiently disinfect the area to be treated. Cleansing the area with the alcohol swab helps prevent bacteria from entering the body and causing an infection. Alcohol swabs are for external use only and are usually disposable.
The swab is usually applied to the skin in one direction and the area is then allowed to dry before injecting a medicine, vaccination, or drawing blood. As the alcohol dries, it desiccates the cell wall of the bacteria and hence the bacteria are killed. Do not wipe the area with something to dry it instead of letting it air dry, as the evaporating action would cease and the swab won't be as effective.